Saturday, May 21, 2011

I have a very clean bathroom...

...and kitchen...and, well...apartment.

Clean, to the point where I was on my hands and knees cleaning the floor.

What, you might ask, prompted such a spree of cleaning? Well...I got thrown for a bit of a loop today. I didn't really sleep in like I had hoped, and I ended up vegging on the couch most of the morning and I read a book. Yes, an entire book. Though I didn't drink as much coffee as I would have preferred, it was really very nice. Between mom's visit last weekend, working late at work, and long workouts, I haven't had much time to just enjoy the peace and quiet that my apartment often affords me. Then I finally decided I'd get a work out in. It went ok...nothing fantastic...and definitely nothing that is going to make finishing Musselman in a couple of months. But it did make me realize that I should start shopping for a new saddle soon.

Still nothing that threw me for a loop.

I check my email after I get done...and lo and behold...my ex has friended me on facebook. Now this is not an ex that ended on good terms. Let's just say that he was a bit of a control freak, and a manipulator. And just generally not a good guy. Hence why I kicked him to the curb.

It just made me feel like the past was creeping in on me...when at the moment, I'd much rather be moving forward. Personally...I like Cat's idea from last night...which includes a military doctor.

So what did I do? I started cleaning. I started in the bathroom. And it's now sparkling. And it wasn't until I was half way through the kitchen floor that I realized that if I let him affect me like this, he wins. And I don't like to lose. At all. So I immediately felt a little better.

I'm still in a bit of a funk...but not as bad as it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment