Thursday, August 26, 2010

Can't I Just Be Myself?!?

AKA...you're a slimy man and I now feel like I should shower...again.

There's a guy in my building...who used to work in the office...and when I locked myself out of my apartment tonight...he was actually quite helpful. He called the guy that could let me in...and then let me hang out on his balcony with a glass of wine while we waited.

I've known him for a while...and what he did tonight was very nice...but at the same time...I was constantly reminded of one thing...he's a slimy guy who I wouldn't trust further than I could throw him. As we were waiting...he was asking what was going on...because clearly I was a little upset.

I told him what's been going on in my life...and when it came to the relationship part of my life (or lack thereof) everything he suggested was just...well...gross. Better yet...it wasn't me. He told me that I should always have one waiting for me when I come home from a trip...and in case he's not available...I should have a couple of back-ups. That's not me. It's just not.

He made me laugh...which in the situation...was needed...but at the same time...it was eye opening.

I realized a while ago that I'm a relationship person...and that whoever I end up with has to like me for myself. If I can't be myself around someone...or if someone doesn't like who I am...then they're clearly not the person for me.

I just hate when other people try to tell me what I need to do...when that's just not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment