Friday, August 6, 2010

Thinking Crazy Thoughts...Again...

While I was sick and recovering from surgery, I made myself a lot of promises. One of them was that I would get my ass back in shape, and hit the training hard. I'm planning to go to the gym and actually work on strength training. I'm going to actually train for this 70.3 that I'm signed up for. And I have been putting a lot of thought into training for a marathon...mainly...because I can. It's August...the beginning of August...and I've ran 4 miles for my longest run...and I'm running the Savage half in September. Really...I haven't been all that concerned about running coming back. I know I can run. Other stuff...I'm going to have to work on a little harder.

So there are 3 races...marathons...that I'm considering...and I'm having a hard time making the leap to sign up for any of them. Here's the time line.

November 13...Beach 2 Battleship 70.3
December 5...Vegas Marathon
January 8-9...Goofy's Challenge
March...something...Shamrock Marathon

That's 3 Marathon's and a Half Ironman in 4 months.

I'm not sure what my normal recovery time is going to be. As soon as I finished Disney this year...I got bronchitis. For normal people...that's not a huge deal...but for an asthmatic...it can be deadly...and it takes a really long time to recover from.

Then...basically as soon as I recovered from the plague...I got even more sick...which has been months. I want to do all of them...I just don't know if I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment