Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'm having a week

I'm not having a bad week, though I'm not having a particularly bad week either.  Which after the stress that the past couple of weeks, and the highs of last weekend, I'm ok with where the week is sitting for me.  And for some reason, I often find times like this most hard to write about.  But I'm willing to give it a try.  Sometimes bullet/number lists are easier...so here goes.

1) Though I'm not having a bad week, people around me are.  I'm kept apprised of the situation.  But I'm not being asked to do anything.  Which can be both frustrating, and, at the same time, relieving. 

2) I'm studying for the LSAT.  News to, probably, most people.  I haven't talked about it with too many people, mainly because it's one of those things that may, at the end of the day, week, month, year not end up working out.  But there it is.  I want to go to Law School.  I have since I was a kid, but for a long time, I didn't think I had it in me to do well.  But it's never too late to try, so, hopefully a year from now, I will just be starting a brand new adventure in my life.  And this is also the number one reason I can't decide about what to train for next year.  IF I do an Iron distance race next year, it would be Cedar Point, there is no question there.  But it's also in the middle of September, which would be directly after I would start school (hopefully).  And though I have an idea of where I would end up, I'm not 100% sure of where that is going to be yet.  So I can't decide what to do. 

3) We are now under 50 days until Ironman Arizona.  I don't know the specific number of days, mainly because knowing the specific number of days freaks me out a little.  So if you know, please don't tell me.  Unless I specifically ask :)  But after this past weekends training, I started feeling like this whole thing *might* actually be possible.  And it also had me feeling like there is still a ton that I need to do yet.  Fortunately, I tend to be OCD about making lists, and I also have friends that have already done at least one Ironman...and they, too, are uber organized.  And they're willing to share, and help me out.  So, starting early, making lists, all helps me put things in perspective, and gives me focus, instead of floundering about for what to do.  This, I can do.

4) I'm not sure what else to add here.  Training is going ok.  I can walk just fine after the torture I put my body through last weekend.  I'm looking forward to the torture I'm going to be putting my body through this coming weekend.  And all in all, things are going ok.   Weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment