Friday, February 10, 2012

The Grill

There are few things in my life that I choose to spend an extravagant amount of money on.  Of course, my hobby is one of the more expensive ones, and I'm always spending what little extra cash I have on triathlon.  And, well, the remainder of my mad money is typically spent on food. 

At least I have my priorities straight.

And when I think about the stuff that I want for my life, I don't need extravagance.  When I can (hopefully soon) purchase a car, I'm probably going to buy a Ford Focus.  I buy a majority of my clothes at Target.  And in general, I'm not a high maintenance, must spend money for status as opposed to quality type of girl.

In most cases, that is. 

As mentioned in previous posts, I've been mentally re-decorating the house that I currently don't live in.  And I've been thinking about the things that I want to put in this house.  And when I think about the things that I've been living without while apartment dwelling in DC the past 2 and a half years, the thing I miss the most is a grill.  Food cooked with fire.  To me, there is absolutely nothing better in the entire world.  And I've eaten some pretty good food. 

So I have decided, no matter what it takes, I'm buying top of the line, can make food for 50 people, grill.  And it will be amazing. 

Say it's nature or nurture, whatever it is...I come from a grilling family.  In fact, when it comes to buying my dad presents, you buy the man tools or something to do with grilling.  We Hooks' make entire meals on the grill.  Pizza and french fries and baked beans, all cooked on the grill. 

So while the Dad and I were shopping for work gloves (me) and screws, drill bit, etc (dad) on Monday at Lowe's we spent an large amount of time drooling over the grill selections, determining which ones would work best, and fit the needs that we have for grilling.  And of course, all of the fun gadgets and tools that they have to accompany the grills.  In fact, the Dad got a sweet new LED light that attaches to the handle of your grill so you can see the food your cooking as you grill at night.  When I get a grill of my own, that light is going to be a must have. 

I can almost taste it right now.  Fresh, homemade, the cow was alive 3 days ago hamburgers.  Please excuse me while I wipe the drool from my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment