Monday, February 27, 2012

Moving

First of all, for those of you that are just now hearing for the first time, I apologize for the delay, but getting things straightened out at work precluded me from doing a large Facebook announcement.  And the past couple of weeks have been a little busy.  So...here goes!

As of March 27, I will once again be an IL resident. 

This isn't a decision that has come lightly, or without a lot of planning.  Realistically, the decision has been coming for the past year or so.  And I am really excited about the possibilities.  I'll be leaving my current job, and will becoming an independent contractor for the same company.  So all of the traveling I've been doing the past 3 years will still be there, if anything, I'll probably be traveling more.  But I won't have the same job responsibilities on top of what I'm doing while I travel.  So that will definitely be nice.  And in addition to that, I'll get to set my own schedule.  Which...let's face it...is awesome. 

Never fear DC friends, I'll be having a going away party before I leave so I can see all of you one more time.  And I'll definitely be coming back to visit.  And of course, I'll be in Cedar Point in September.  So you won't get THAT much of an opportunity to miss me.

In the entire process of getting things ready to move, there are some pretty funny things I have come across.

1.)  I'll be moving from Connecticut Ave in Washington, DC to a rural route address in Southern IL.  To be honest, I can't think of 2 more different addresses.  And at the same time, I am so excited about it.

2.)  I'll be moving from a 350 square foot apartment to a 3 bedroom house with a full basement.  WAHOO!!  Yes, Cedric gets his own room.

3.) This will be my fifth...yes 5!...move in the past 3 and a half years.  And hopefully my last for a very, very long time.  I have clearly gotten too good at packing, because this past weekend, I packed over 3/4 of my stuff in less than 2 days, and didn't have to think twice about what needed to be done.  

4.) I have to buy a car.  And insurance.  Granted, my dad has been an amazing support through the whole process.  But it seems a little surreal. 

Though this has been coming for a while, the whole thing seems to be happening very fast.  But I absolutely cannot wait.  I'll definitely be keeping you updated on the progress, and in the mean time, I'll try to post some photos of the disaster that my apartment is going to be over the next month.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. And, I'm guessing you'll be buying that grill... :-). Best of luck! Sorry to see you go, but I wish you all the best! And, maybe I'll see you in Cedar Point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for you moving away, but yay for what sounds like a positive change. What prompted this decision? Will you be near family?

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's where I grew up, and my parents will end up living about 8 miles away from me...instead of 900. Which is really nice. Plus DC has gotten a little...stressful and hectic, and I miss things like clean air and space. I'm really excited...and wish I could take all of my friends here with me. But I will at least have enough space that I can have company :)

      Delete