Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Almost Thursday 13

1) There is a problem when you are responsible for only cooking for yourself.  At least I have a problem.  I make the same thing ALL THE TIME.  Literally, every week, I "grill" an entire package of chicken.  Made a batch of rice.  And continue to eat that for the rest of the week.  It's getting boring, and it's showing.  I've been much more willing to cheat on my "diet" and I'm sure this is one huge reason why.

2) Please send any healthy recipe's you might have, or think I might enjoy.  That are easily made for 1, or are good as leftover.

3) Moving stinks.  Boxes are everywhere, and my body is covered head to toe in bruises that I got from packing.

4) Ok, some of the bruises are from hitting one of the desk supports underneath my desk. Which I might have done 3 times.  Within 2 hours. 

5) My dear old friend insomnia seems to be back.  Last week I thought it was just because I was sick.  But I woke up at 2am today, and could not get back to sleep.  Ugh.

6)  I'm really excited about moving!

7) I'm even more excited by all of the wonderful comments, and excitement I'm getting from my friends.  Especially the ones I'll be living near again.

8) Yes, living a mere 95 miles from my BFF, who I haven't lived that close to in, oh, 12+ years is at the top of my excitement list.

9)  That, and having an actual bedroom.

10) I'm already planning my Cardinal's baseball viewing schedule.  There is 3 and a half years that need to be made up for.

11) Ok, so it's technically only been a year since I've seen the Cards play, but they were in DC.  Not Busch Stadium.  It's just not the same.

12) Nerd alert: I'm reading Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose, which talks about Merriwether Lewis and my Revolutionary War crush Thomas Jefferson...and this morning I read a chapter about how long it took just to communicate with people across the country, and how long it took to travel from place to place.  For example, from DC (Washington City) to St. Louis (the Mississippi River) took months back in the day.  It's now a 2 hour plane ride.  And a letter would take 6 weeks to cross that distance, and now, I can email, phone, instant message, text message, or whatever else instantly.  And though I wouldn't trade any of my modern conveniences (ok, some I would willingly give up) I think it would be cool to live in that era...if only temporarily.

13) I want a new, more comfortable couch.  But will be stuck with my current one for a while.  It's a good thing I have learned some patience over the years. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment