Monday, September 12, 2011

French Fries are Not Vegetables

Oh, how I wish, wish, wish this were not true.  But alas, it is. 

I've basically just moved back to DC, after having been on the road for nearly a month during our busy season at work.  I, once again, ate like crap this year while traveling, but seemed to be in a better state of mind than I was last year...and it shows.  There were a few issues with cookies.  And fries.  And cereal (of all things).  But to prove that it wasn't the end of me...I weighed myself this morning, and I didn't even get close to my "wow, you really need to lose weight, like yesterday" weight.  I didn't even break into the next decade of pounds.  Ok, so it's close, but I didn't get there.  And in actuality, I only gained a couple of pounds.  Compared to last year, when I gained at least 10, the fact that my pants still fit (with nearly the same amount of room as before) is definitely a win.

However...

It's time to get back into the routine of living here, eating healthy, and working out on a regular basis.  I thought that the transition to living back at home would be easy...but of course...everything that I *think* will be easy, ends up being a challenge.  I went grocery shopping on Friday evening...and looking back on the trips, I could have done a lot better.  Ok, I didn't do horrible.  Fruits and vegetables were purchased.  Pizza crust and Cinnamon Raisin Bread were also purchased.  BUT...no cookies. 

But I now have motivation to get back on the wagon.  I went for what was supposed to be a long run yesterday, and it was horrible.  I was dehydrated, and was definitely fatigued, and I knew that it was because I hadn't eaten well over the weekend. 

So it starts today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment