Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In Lieu of Vacation

I had had a goal of taking a vacation this year that didn't involve either a race or visiting family.  I don't actually remember the last time this happened.  But, life circumstances have gotten in the way and it's not going to be possible this year. 

As I was laying in bed this morning, once again unwilling to get up, because I was exhausted...I started thinking about the plans I've made for recovery weekend and what I would do with an extra day off.  At the moment, it looks like I won't be spending much time at home this weekend...which is fine...because all of the stuff that I'm doing are things that I am really looking forward to. Happy Hour with friends, recovery run, volunteering at a race, and a baseball game on Sunday.

So...what would I do with this extra day off?  It would have to start with "sleeping in" and drinking coffee.  And then all of the things I've been wanting to do to my apartment that I haven't had time for.  I have a ridiculously tiny apartment, and I've started re-arranging some of my furniture, but there are a few things that I just don't have time for after work.  Like cleaning out my closets.  And mopping my floor.  And doing laundry. 

Now, don't get me wrong...I realize that this is, in no way equal to taking an actual vacation.  But at the same time, I have taken enough business trips lately that I have spent more than enough time in a hotel room, eating crappy food...that it wouldn't really be fun anyway. 

So, now I just need to decide what day I'm taking off.  So I can clean.  I feel so...adult.  And boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment