Thursday, March 15, 2012

The 40 Day Challenge - Day 12

12 days in, and I have not had a cookie, and I have not had any Peanut Butter.  Though every time I go to the grocery store, I longingly look at them as I walk past. 

But it's ok, because I have not caved.

So let's get to the really exciting part about my challenge...the new recipe's!  This has truly been amazing.  And I have absolutely loved every single one.  I've even tried the Sweet Potato with warm Black Bean Salad multiple times.  And it was just as good the second time as it was the first. 

This past Monday, my new recipe was Caramelized Onion and White Bean Flat Bread.  I cheated and used pre-made gluten free pizza crusts, but it was delicious.  And because I've been enjoying the whole new recipe thing, I've actually tried a couple more this week.  Yesterday, I found this great recipe from Whole Foods, their recipe of the day, Mushroom and Tomato Polenta.  Yum-yum.  And this morning, I tried a breakfast dish I saw on Pinterest, basically making an oatmeal...thingy...in a coffee cup in the microwave. 

Ok, so maybe I need a better description for stuff like that, because that doesn't sound appealing at all.  So let me re-phrase.  You take a quarter cup of dry oatmeal, and mix it with an egg, honey (though it was supposed to be brown sugar, but I threw away my brown sugar over the weekend because it was hard, and I'm not buying any new until after I move), cinnamon and a handful of blueberries.  Oh, and you're also supposed to add a splash of milk, but the only thing I had was some rice milk, which was sketchy at best...so I skipped that. 

But I promise, it tasted good.  The only problem was that I was hungry for lunch way early.  So in the future, it will need to be paired with something more filling. 

Ok, I'm a bit ramble-y today. 

So, let me be succinct.  I am loving this challenge.  Especially the new recipe thing, and plan on keeping that up long after the official 40 days are up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment