Friday, September 10, 2010

My BFF is a Genius.

Yes...we did already know this. But there are now even more reasons why.

Let me back up just a little bit. I had a weird ass dream last night. I was el preggo...gave birth quite quickly...and then had a couple of moments where I was taking care of the little one.

To a single girl with no foreseeable prospects for anything like that in the near future...to say the least...I was freaked out. Freaked out to the point where I had to look up what my dream meant. Not that I really think dream analysis is a bunch of hooey...I just don't really have much of an opinion on the matter. And as a result...don't know much about it. So once I did my brief research...I emailed my BFF...who actually does spend a bit of time on this subject.

We've come up with a solution...and honestly...the solution isn't as weird as I initially thought. In fact...it actually makes much sense.

Here's what we've got:

PREGNANCY: signifies an embryonic stage of a specific type of awareness or enlightenment. May point to the beginning formulation of a plan or idea.

PREGNANCY TEST: refers to a question as to whether or not this is a good time to start a new venture or beginning.

CHILDREN: connote a stage of acceptance and innocence; a belief in possibilities and one's dreams.

MOTHER: characterizes a nurturing aspect; may represent personal real time associations.

HARD LABOR (which I did not see but it's still significant): signifies great personal efforts applied to changing one's life.

Anyone that's somewhat familiar with the past few months of my life is also probably aware that I've been daydreaming about relaxation...and a less stressful life.

Well...I'm definitely not ready to completely uproot my life, quit my job (again) and move across the country (though I do love Seattle). I also know that right now is not the right time to be making decisions like this. But something is definitely needed.

For a very long time I've had a hard time relaxing. I have felt selfish whenever I do anything just for myself. And I've definitely been a little too type A for a little too long. I've used the time that I work out as my "me" time. And though that's really good for working off frustration...it's not exactly relaxing.

So where my BFF is really a genius is her idea. She's doing it for herself...and I'm going to start doing it myself. Once a month (I haven't picked what day of the month I want yet) schedule some time just for myself. Something for me. A pedicure, or massage...or whatever else I want to do. It seems so simple...but yet...so perfect.

I have other things that I want to do too. I have goals for this year...race goals especially. For the year I've had...they're lofty. But I *WILL* get 70.3 in this year. And I'm making a commitment to actually...you know...stick to a training schedule...and not come up with excuses to skip workouts. Unless I accidentally sleep in. I'm thinking if my body (that hasn't slept past 6am in over 2 years) needs to sleep until 8:30am...it probably has a good reason. And then I'll still get my work out in.

I'm also, now, at the end of the hellish 6 weeks. This weekend is mine. Well...mine and everyone doing IM MOO. But there will be no work. And for that, I am very excited. Oh...and it looks like I'm coming back to Seattle in a couple of weeks. But I'm ok with that...because I really do like it here.

Change is a hard thing. But sometimes, change is also a necessary thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment