Thursday, September 2, 2010

My First Loaf of Bread

So I've made a list of things I want to learn how to do. Baking homemade bread is on the list...and the first thing I've tried to accomplish.

I failed.

I do not like to fail. At all.

Ok...so it tasted ok...but it was a failure. It was flat, and not very bread-like.

I know that it's a process, and it's something that needs to be learned. But I had such high hopes that my first loaf of bread was going to turn out perfect.

Ok...so it didn't. But I learned some things. As always. Hopefully the next loaf won't turn out so bad.

I mean...I like to bake. And I've got some skills. Not that I like to brag about it...but...you know...people have said some nice things before. Cookies especially...I've got mad skills there. I'm trying to remember the first solo batch of cookies I ever baked. And it's a little difficult because that was probably about 20 years ago. I'm sure they didn't turn out perfect. I know the first cake I baked from scratch was a flop. It happens. You learn. You move on. You bake better things.

But I will not get discouraged. I will try again.

So...here's what's on the list:
Bread (obviously)
Strawberry Jam
Olive Tampenade
Rosemary Lemon Chicken

I'm sure I'll come across more things...but that's on the list right now. Hopefully the next loaf of bread will turn out a little better. I might need some help eating some bread over the next few weeks.

1 comment: